Wiring advice - Replacing Digistat SCR and Drayton LP722 with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing a Drayton LP722 and Digistat SCR with a Hive. Please can anyone offer advice on wiring.

The Drayton Digisat+1 RF thermostat was located downstairs and the central heating would only turn on when the on button was pressed, and turned off by pressing the off button.

Any advice much appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/uYozLlm

Sponsored Links
The Drayton LP222 terminals have the functions as below.

LP722.JPG

As you can see below, the Hive Dual Channel Version terminals are exactly the same, so they are direct replacements. Lucky you (y)

Hive.JPG

The SCR receiver will no longer be required as the Hive takes over both time and temperature control. It should be taken out of service so that it doesn't interfere with the operation of the Hive, but it needs decommissioning properly, it can't just be disconnected. The connections to the SCR are:

scr.JPG

The two switching wires that are connected to Common (1) and Call for Heat (3) need to be permanently joined together. You can do this at the SCR if you don't mind leaving it in place, otherwise you can trace the wires back to their origin, make the link there, and remove the SCR and the cables to it.

The SCR can be wired in different ways, so, if you need anymore help with this bit, post back details of the wires you have presently connected to the SCR receiver.

Thanks, I've managed to get this to work, I traced the grey and black cables back to the wiring center and put a link between terminals 14 and 16. Central heating and the water is working as expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back