Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

They say there is no such thing as a stupid question. However, apologies if you think it is!

Our house has a Drayton SCR and Digistat +3RF on a Vailant ecotec Combi Boiler. I am wanting to switch over to the Hive V3 and hub.

I was going to get someone to do it but an colleague said it was relatively easy so after watching a plumber on YouTube install a hive from scratch I noted that our SCR is wired exactly the same as the Hive receiver in the video. (See photos)

To swap it, would it just be a case of inserting the wires in to the same terminals on the hive receiver as the Drayton without having to open up the boiler.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_8975.jpeg
    IMG_8975.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8977.jpeg
    IMG_8977.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
So much of a straight swap, that the new Hive could even have sat on the old back plate.
No rewiring necessary, but the mismatch of colours wouldn't have done much for the aesthetics, even if it wouldn't be seen! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back