British Gas Homecare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been on this plan for a few years, and have definately had my monies worth, my back boiler got stripped down ever year and serviced and had a lot of call outs and parts replaced etc,etc, but now i have a new combi what will this service entail? i assume this doesnt need stripping down? does anyone know if i need to notify them that my boiler has now been replaced to a new one?

Sponsored Links
you have an isar. Out of the newish boilers this is one of the worst out there . It has been redesigned 3or 4 times BG refused to sell them several times during redesigns and Ideal have now dropped them completly.
So i would advise you to keep it on a contract Ideals maybe cheaper and the better option than BG.
Sorry for the bad news .
:cry: I feel sorry for people who have gave up a perfectly reliable old boiler to have they installed under warmfront etc grants.
As these are the people who can least afford to pay for expensive repairs or mainainance contracts

well i was regretting it until last night i put my heating on for an hour as it went real chilly, and for the first time ever you could actually feel you had got the heating on, so although though noise may drive me nuts, im beginning to think at least this winter we maybe warm. last winter even with heating on all day we still used to sit with a blanket over us :oops:

Sponsored Links
does anyone know if i need to notify them that my boiler has now been replaced to a new one?

No enjoy making the engineers day when he realises his 60 minute service has just turned into a 10 minute one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back