British Gas WL2 temperature not coming down correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have recently had British Gas install a new boiler along with a WL2 thermostat. The problem seems to be that the stat goes up very quickly (and then switches off) but doesn't come down correctly. This stops the heating from coming back on when the temperature drops below the set level. The batteries are good, the signal seems good and so we're not quite sure what else we can do.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much for coming back to me. It’s downstairs in the hall. My dad has turned off the radiator in that area and there are no hot water pipes near by (or in the wall). It’s also one of the coldest areas in the house (whilst he’s testing it). So (in our mind), it should read a little cooler than the other rooms (activating the boiler).

Sorry - I don’t know what ugtee is.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the update - they now have British Gas coming out next week to replace it - so we'll see what they say. Thanks again for coming back to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back