British Gas RC2 Heating system not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a British Gas RC2 heating system (unfortunately we don't have a manual as the previous owners of the house didn't leave it).

Its supposed to work wirelessly between the control by the boiler, and the thermostat. At the moment, they're not 'talking' to each other (there is a red light by 'receive alarm').

Someone else has told me to take the batteries out of the thermostat, let it go dead. When its dead put one battery back in, press the 2 'learn' buttons on the wall control and then when thats flashing put the other battery in.

This doesn't seem to be working (also a little confused as there are 4 batteries) - when I press the 2 'learn' buttons the red light goes off, but it comes back on as soon as I let go.

Any other suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Jane

Sponsored Links
I think this is the Drayton Digistat re-badged.

2 of the batteries in the stat are for the display and the other 2 power the wireless sender.

Pull both draws down and wait till display goes blank. Replace all 4 batteries, then I think you have to set the receiver to learn, then push the left draw in then the right draw in.

I hope I have got this the right way round :confused: Try looking on the Drayton website.

Pull both draws down

You'll be getting talked about Dave, telling girls to pull they're draws down on the internet, :LOL: At christmas an all tut tut.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions and link (think I'll ignore the drawer removal comments :eek: )

Looking at that link, it is one of these systems. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to say how to reset the wireless link as it is only talking about the

I've tried the 'learn' thing again but pushing in the other drawer first and it doesn't seem to make any difference, the light just doesn't flash.....

Could it be connected to the fact that we had a problem with our tumble drier that tripped the RCD just before this? (We had intermittent problems with it not receiving before, but this continuous problem is new)

try this
1) remove batteries from r/stat, and wait for display to go blank
2) turn electrics to c/htg off, wait about 30 secs
3) reinstate power
4) press and hold button 1, press button 2, then release both buttons
5) reinsert right battery draw, then left one
if flame shows on roomstat heating should come on. If no flame press + button until flame appears, the red light should flash rapidly then green light and heating will come on

try this
1) remove batteries from r/stat, and wait for display to go blank
2) turn electrics to c/htg off, wait about 30 secs
3) reinstate power
4) press and hold button 1, press button 2, then release both buttons
5) reinsert right battery draw, then left one
if flame shows on roomstat heating should come on. If no flame press + button until flame appears, the red light should flash rapidly then green light and heating will come on

Just tried that. The problem is that we can't get the red light to flash at all :(

sorry, forgot to say, room stat needs to be about 1m from receiver when resetting (also try new batteries)

press select and "+" together and release. this should reset the transmitter only.

As an emergency measure you can always press the Overide button to get the heating on - no control from the stat though

As an emergency measure you can always press the Overide button to get the heating on - no control from the stat though

Yeah, this is what we are doing at the mo :)

I think we'll have to try and work this out after Xmas, doing my head in! We suspect that the part on the wall (with the learn buttons) is on the fritz, rather than the receiver as we can't get anything other than the red light.

Thanks for all your suggestions, have a great Xmas :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back