Help! Thermostat problems, no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my heating. I went away last week, and turned boiler off by the switch on the wall. I turned it back on when I came home a week later. Lights came on boiler, hot water came through, but no heating. All my rad stats are on full. Pressure is fine. Light on box underneath boiler comes on now and then saying heating on. Dial inside boiler is turned up to max to control temp on radiators. I have a RC2 thermostat on wall to control heating. I have turned this up untill flame appears, still no heating. I then noticed the moon sign was displayed, so I have changed the setting to a sun sign, still no heating...
I am afraid I have pressed that many buttons now, I have messed it up... Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
without seeing the boiler, combi? regular? y-plan? s-plan, I suspect you have a combi with you saying the pressure is ok, you have proberly pressed something you shouldn't have done, retrace your steps, and make sure when you have switched your boiler back on right , that your boiler dosent have a summer mode, by this I mean on a few baxis and mains, on the power knob you can select off which is "o" then left and right you have the choice of h/w only or c/h and h/w , usually indicated with a picture of a rad and a tap or just a tap on its own, usually the receiver under the boiler just operates a open and closed link( usually link is closed when the light is on) which is connected in the boiler , sounds like its something simple, but in future don't switch your boiler off as this wont stop a leak when your away, 95% of modern boilers have a pressure cut off now so its protected that way , its far better setting your thermostat to holiday mode (if it has it) or just turning your room thermostat down to 5 degrees, so unless it drops to freezing your boiler wont come on .. hope you get it sorted

You don't need any heating it's June! Your heating should have been switched off for over 2 months at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back