Turn off heat with Heatmiser PRT thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a rental property with Heatmiser thermostats controlling the underfloor heating. I am seldom.at the flat - I'm there now between tenancies for few days - so am not familiar with the Heatmiser thermostats.

I want to turn off the underfloor heating completely for the summer (it was left on by the previous tenant). I turned off all the thermostats so the displays are blank but some heating zones are still on. This suggests to me that turning off the thermostat merely turns off the display i.e. it doesn't turn off the heating? Can someone please advise?

The instruction manual mentions Flame mode i.e. when heat is being demanded from programmed times and Frost mode which overrides programmed times and heat is only triggered when the minimum temperature is reached. There doesn't seem to be an option in the thermostat to turn the heating off completely?

I have now set all thermostats to Frost mode and then turned them off!

Grateful for advice.

Sponsored Links
You're right, fully off isn't an option. Frost protection mode is effectively off though, unless your house gets very cold

Thanks Muggles.

Nice to know I can figure something out even if it's not the answer alI wanted!

I had in mind that a frost stat was to prevent burst pipes which would occur at around freezing which us very much lower than the Heatmiser frost trigger of 14°C. I believe there's an option to reduce the frost trigger temperature which I could set. But I'll probably leave it as my new tenant may prefer the 14° peace of mind and she'll be paying the bill!

Regards.

Yes, the frost trigger temperature can be adjusted. Remember with underfloor heating it takes quite a while to react, so a trigger temperature which is too low could result in a freeze before the underfloor heating has started warming the property if it's been turned off for a while

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back