Water heating in tank but no central heating

tej

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im a newbie!

need help on my central heating. I have a digital programmable thermostat (Horstmann model h-27) control for central heating and water. This has a timer on there but also allows me to control the heating and water which are 2 seperates controls on there!

my problem is this evening i turned central heating on the light on the thermostat came on but the boiler did not respond. SO i tested the water control and the boiler ignited and started to work. Turned this off and tried the heating again but still no response!

seems like something between the thermostat and boiler is not working???

boiler is ok as water works fine!!! but no heating

please help

Sponsored Links
do you have any mid position valves ??
describe your heating system
could be synchron motor

Ok my heating system is in a 9 year old house.

The boiler is in the kitchen dont know much about boilers. The boiler is an ideal classic

Thermostat is a horstmann model h-27. this is located in the kitchen as well!

There is a water tank in my bedroom upstairs.

not sure on the valves! how do i find that out?

Is there a pump by your hot water cylinder ? if so, does the pipework above the pump form a T connector with a small metal box on top of it ?

Sponsored Links
Look for your pump it will usually be near the boiler or the cylinder then near that there may be a three port valve or two two port valves( a metal valve about the size of your fist with a lead coming from it) this switches the water to either heat your water or your radiators. there should be a manual overide lever on this move it across and then you should get heating untill you can get the valve looked at .

could it be inside the boiler???

upstairs near the tank i got this black box which says radiator on hot water! its got a white cpontrol on it but this is upstairs in the bedroom?

could that be it????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back