Heating Mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating is working when the timer and the thermostat show it to be off. The hot water is heating and the timer control panel shows no central heating at this time - yet the radiators are hot. Cannot turn the heating off as it thinks it is not on!!

Ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have a Baxi combination boiler and radiators controlled via a honeywell timer - is that sufficient info?

I have a Baxi combination boiler and radiators controlled via a honeywell timer - is that sufficient info?
It helps a great deal TBH. Others will be along soon no doubt to help.

Sponsored Links
Woops - demonstrating my ignorance here - I mean condensing not combi!! Show's that I need help!!

Yes, there is a cylinder in the airing cupboard ........

KEV ;)
Faulty motorised valve stuck open and microswitch inside made giving power to boiler and pump even with clock and stats set to off

Thanks guys

Could it be anything else though? The switch was replaced only a couple of months ago so would another one get stuck??

What is the make/model of the 3port valve.

On some the arm bends.

Thanks guys

Could it be anything else though? The switch was replaced only a couple of months ago so would another one get stuck??
Was the valve changed due to similar symptoms?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back