Danfoss RX1 Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Danfoss RX1 Thermostat which was working fine when I moved into the property, the boiler has been off since march, so today I fired it up to find its still working on hot water but no heating?

my wireless unit was reporting "off", I then re-sit the batteries in the handheld which then was working and when I turn up the heating it would turn on the light under CH1 but no heating nor burner would come on... I tried the 'learn' technique (where you press learn and hold in 1 button for 10 seconds and the other button for 5 ...but still no joy...

is the unit broken or is there something im missing?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When you turn the CH on observe that motorised valve (2 or 3 port) activates and motors across to appropriate setting.
Also check that pump starts running. It's common for CH systems to seize up during non-heating periods and is why it's good practice to 'excerise' it once or twice during periods of inactivity.

sorry guys let me rephrase this - I have Danfoss RX-1 receiver with 1CH not 2 or 3 - I get hot water, tonight after I received a new Receiver and Wifi unit (same one), the new one it would not work at all??, So I put the old one back in and (as many times its been of and on the wall too) I managed to get the heating to come on for a short period with the old one, the timer unit was on 'constant' not sure if it was that or just a test? but then it went off after 30 seconds, but I dont know if thats because the receiver (and thus wifiis over-riding the 'constant' setting on the timer on it because now the old wifi unit keeps saying OFF and wont "learn" back on to the old receiver? as per instructions, it could be bad contacts on the back board?

edit: now i just tried again without luck... but when i press either button on the receiver nothing happens, no lights, but if i hold both of them in the green light flashes every few seconds, the wifi still isnt learning... some people say hold 1 button for 10 secs the other for 5 on top of that , but the instructions just say, press learn of wifi unit for 3 secs then hold in both button on receiver until green light flashes (few seconds)- means they are synced>?

thanks for your help and replies

edit 2: so far I got it working using the new wifi unit on the old receiver BUT the boiler light wouldnt come on...just the pump... so, i ran the hot water till it was hot and the heating i turned on and it came on, stopped water and its still going, havent turned it off yet as I thought I would let it run for a bit, once I get it working I will bleed the rads as I think they need it

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
all working now thanks everyone :)

as DILALIO said it should have had care during the summer... glad I know this now, the issue seems to be problematic units or contacts to the Rx and the pump & boiler needing a good run

Hi all,

Have a Danfoss RX1 with just the CH1 and Prog buttons on the receiver. Boiler and Central Heating were working fine on timer or just in the 'on' position until today. The missus decided to start pressing buttons. Pressed the 'Learn' button behind the knob on the Thermostat and the Prog button on the receiver. She must have inadvertently synced them. Now I can't turn the CH on. Once synced earlier it did turn on for a brief period but then switched off. I don't even really want the Thermostat on to be honest. Quite happy with the timer and/or switching on as when required.
According to some sites, holding the CH1 button should override the Prog button but it doesn't. I've tried to press and hold buttons as 1Bit above. It's not turning anything on. Ideally I just want to override them so I can get the heating working without the thermostat.

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back