Drayton Digistat RF2 Wieless system..... HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My SCR receiver attached to the boiler has the red led illuminated constantly. I followed the instructions for commissioning the system, which somone else also said to do on another thread here. i.e. with the red led lit continuously, push the over ride button so the green led also illuminates. Then entering learn mode by pressing button 1 and 2 together, where the red led flashes for 2 second and goes out. Then the red and green leds are on together. I then replaced the batteries in the digistat starting with the right 2 batteries then the left 2 batteries.
However it is here that it says that the red led should flash for 7 seconds and then go out.
HOWEVER the red led remains on constantly on mine and i have done this numerous times.
Is there something i am missing out or has anyone experienced anything similar? Please help......
The only way i am able to control my heating is using the override button on the receiver. The thermostat doesnt appear to be acknowledged what so ever.
Should i just replace my system

Sponsored Links
you can just replace the wireless receiver

did you turn off the power for about 10 secs before you did the procedure? if not it won't work

you also have to remove the batteries from the room stat to make it go blank.

i've never had one fail to reprogram

i eventually managed to re set it and re commission it. however i think there must be a loose conection within the stat as it seems to work well however if we need to adjust the tempersture or push any of the buttons on the stat is seems to cancel out the time and saved settings and i have to re set it all over again. So im not sure if its the battery connections within the stat. as the bioler and receiver all work fine.
Any ideas where i can purchase a RF2 digistat, as i dont think they make this model any more, or will one of the new stats work in conjunction with the receiver i already have. Or will i have to replace both?

Thanks for your time.
I've done nothing but waste time on this bloody thing all week :(

the receivers are unchanged so they work with the new stats, but the new stats are bigger than the old ones with more on them to confuse people - progress ;)

Sponsored Links
I tried this but had the same problem as heyjude. Pressed both buttons and the red led flashed briefly then went out. When I released the buttons both leds came on (with the pump). So far it worked fine but when I returned the batteries to the RF2 (right tray first), nothing happened on the SCR unit. The RF2 batteries are new and the display came back up fine, so does this mean a new SCR is required?

Alternatively, I saw on another discussion that the thermostat has to be around a metre away from the SCR to reprogram. Any idea if this is true?

Any advice gratefully received!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back