British gas WPT1 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace my British Gas WT1 thermostat with a progarmmable on WPT1. However I cannot get it to communicate with BR2 receiver at my boiler. The WT1 still works with it but not the new WPT1 . Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
It looks very much like it except the colour - British Gas have told us that this thermostat is compatible with BR2 receiver - it has taken us many emails and phone calls over the last month to get that answer yesterday. Have tried for hours again this morning but they just do not seem to recognise each other

The WPT1 is not compatible with the BR2 receiver it uses either the single or dual Hive receiver set in "stand alone mode" (I am a BG electrician)

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much - we suspected as much despite being told otherwise eventually by British Gas.

So the next Q is - if we buy a Hive receiver will it fit onto the back plate of the BR2 or does the entire unit need replacing?

It fits on the same backplate and the wiring is the same too.
Turn the power off to it first, then slacken the 2 screws underneath it, fit your Hive receiver and power it up.
The light will start flashing orange, hold the silver button for about 10 seconds until it starts flashing white.
Now put your batteries in the thermostat, after a few seconds the light should turn green and you're all set up.

Last edited:
Very many thanks for your help, Have run around for a month or so with this......and finally feel like we're getting there.

Will try and get a receiver from internet - will let you know how we get on

Hive Heating British Gas Single Channel Receiver SLR1B 555065- would this be compatible with WPT1?

Yes -combi boiler - thanks very much for your help - we'll order this one then - regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back