Britony Combi boiler (old)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pilot light lights OK but as soon as the hot water tap is turned on it goes out - anybody help please?? :(

MOD

moved as posted in WRONG forum

Sponsored Links
ball.jpg

or read this

Can think of a couple of reasons - which are corgi jobs which would be sorted in a service.

Thanks Gents but cannot afford a professional!! I've removed the water & gas section as I've been told it might be the diaphragm thats faulty. Trouble is now two of the six screws bolting the water section to the gas section are rounded & seized (not done by me!!) - I'll try some release agents on them - if not the diaphragm then what??

Sponsored Links
Forget the diaphragm that wouldn't cause problem you have.
Sorry you'll have to stay cold but alive while you save up.

Hey Gents - finally got someone to assist!! Spent 1 hour with him as he explained the workings of a boiler - what a simple bit of kit they are!!! Fixed the problem (gas valve & weak pilot) myself in 2 hours - cost me a couple of pints, a new adjustable wrench & a tinny of WD40 (not needed as it happened!!). Also gave me an excellent business idea!! Make yer dosh now girls & boys because judging by the populatity of the college course here there'll be one plumber to every 10 properties within 10 years!! Thanks anyway - you showed me the way!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back