Britony Combi Chaffoteaux & Maury no CH - Im freezing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am really hoping someone can help me out here as I cant get any Central Heating and its just started snowing, eek!

I have a Britony Combi Chaffoteaux & Maury (I think its an 80 or 100). The Hot Water works fine but the Central Heating doesnt work. Its been like this for a few weeks now although the other night both hot water and heating started working but only for that one night. Now its gone back to Hot water working but CH not working and its starting to get a bit nippy.

I have been reading some other posts and seen that it could be the Diverter Valve but as I know very little about boilers im not sure.
I have attached an image with a couple of questions on which may help.

Any advice would be great, Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I think thats the 3way valve in the photo? Am I right? Can that be the cause does anyone know?

Thanks,

Hi,
I am really hoping someone can help me out here as I cant get any Central Heating and its just started snowing, eek!

Well the weather seems to have improved now:-

Temperatures: 4°C/39°F
Condition: Partly Cloudy
Wind: SSE 16 KPH
Relative Humidity: 75%
Barometer: 29.56 Steady
Reported from: Manchester 29/10/2008 4:20 PM GMT

However, you dont need to make two posted threads about the same problem!

Tony

I wasnt sure if my first post made sense seen as nobody replied.. I kinda need to get it sorted, we've just had a little girl and I promised the wife I get the heating working. Sorry for the double post :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a Britony Combi Chaffoteaux & Maury (I think its an 80 or 100). The Hot Water works fine but the Central Heating doesnt work. Its been like this for a few weeks now although the other night both hot water and heating started working but only for that one night. Now its gone back to Hot water working but CH not working and its starting to get a bit nippy.

I have been reading some other posts and seen that it could be the Diverter Valve but as I know very little about boilers im not sure.
I have attached an image with a couple of questions on which may help.

Any advice would be great, Thanks!

WHAT pressure does your gauge read.

Do you know what side the flow switch is on? If not I can check the manual and ill try disconnecting that wire when I get home from work, cheers.

Im constantly topping up the boiler to make sure its at 1.5bar because I also have a leak :rolleyes: It never goes above 2.5 once ive topped it up.

Hi,

edit
sorry mis read your fault

What happens when you try to run the heating, do yo get any response?

HTH Sam

When I try to run the heating the boiler fires up for a about 5/6 seconds and there is a hissing sound (not sure if thats normal) then the flame goes out.
It does this everytime I turn the heating on and I dont get any heat to the radiators at all. Although the other day the heating worked for the first time in weeks but only for a day..

So Ive disconnected the DHW flowstat wire and the central heating works! My only worry now is that the gauge keeps creeping up towards 3bar but ive not LET it get past 3 yet.

This may sound like a dumb question but does this mean I need to buy a new DHW flowstat?

Although there is one aspect which does not fit the situation, it seems you have a stuck DHW flow switch.

In most cases you can turn off the water inlet and take out and clean the flow switch bits. If that does not clear the problem you can replace the reed switch and that should sort it.

Tony

So Ive replaced the Flow Switch and the CH is working now. It cut out a few times but seems to be ok now.

I have noticed that the gauge keeps creeping up to 3bar is that normal? what should the pressure be when the heating is on maximum?

Thanks,

The pressure should be set by you at about 1.5 bar and then increase to about 1.8 Bar when hot.

If it increases much more than that the the expansion vessel is failed or needs recharging.

See the FAQ on this site for details but you must follow them exactly apart from that rubbish about removing 10 litres if its still in there.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back