Britony Combi SE - will not light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C&M Britony Combi SE, about 30 months old.

Have had intermittent problems for over a year now, but cannot get to light at all now.

Occurs in CH or HW mode (exclusive or together) - tries to light but locks out and displays error code 60 - ionisation pcb faulty

Have had plumber out many times now who adjsts pressure which sometimes resolves problem for an hour or two and then back to lockout. He has chnges PCB as last resort. Still no joy.

Property is rented, so have to go with plumber/engineer they provide...

Couldn't find anything similar on board. Any help/suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
For whatever reason, C&M do not offer a downloadable service manual for this boiler.
But if it puts up a fault display saying 'ionisation PCB broken', then why does the plumber ignore it and fiddle with the pressurisation????

C&M MUST surely have had a reason for including the fault code!

Talk about horses and water - strewth!

Why oh why do people buy these nasty french italian things from companies who cant even be bothered to put their manuals online for download, if I cant read the instructions before quoting then I dont know if it will fit or how much to quote for.

Hi
Anybody have any luck with htis fault code.
Paid a plumber £60 to come out and tell me - "You've got a fault with your ionisation PCB ".....yeah,,,tell me something I don't know !!

Appreciate any info people may have as to fix.
Is it a replacement PCB ...end of ??

Sponsored Links
Paid a plumber £60 to come out and tell me - "You've got a fault with your ionisation PCB ".
I'd do it for £30! But why did you pay him for failing to fix it? I thought that was part of the deal - you know "I fix your boiler, you pay me money". :confused:

The fault code (60 - ionisation p.c.b. faulty) that you're getting doesn't make a lot of sense. There is no "ionisation PCB", only the main PCB. What do C&M technical guys say?

I'd be checking the ignition, particularly the ionisation electrode and lead. Also the flame spread on ignition. Anyway that's all Corgi territory so I can't recommend you fiddle with those parts. Try to find an engineer familiar with that make of boiler.

PS - Please don't high jack old posts. We all get confused between details of old post and yours.

We've had this code occasionally but it's becoming very frequent. Chaff's customer support is a complete joke - they are rude and unhelpful. The service people from British Gas who are trying to fix it found the same thing. They reckon they've changed everything but it still happens - this morning it took almost half an hour to get the boiler to reset.

I guess the answer is to ditch this crap and buy something else, but it's only four years old and not just pennies to replace. We were recommended this boiler by HeatComplete, and I reckon they owe us big time.

Any useful advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back