Britony II T water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Britony IIT water heater. If I run the hot tap upstairs all of a sudden the water gets scalding hot without warning for a few seconds , the hot water is also cloudy. Also the bolier pilot light has gone out on more than 10 times recently, can anyone please explain why this keeps happening. We do have a problem with water pressure as we are end of line.

Sponsored Links
Its possible that your flow/pressure is low enough that your heater is not able to get rid of its heat quickly enough into the water.

This would cause the heater to overheat and the pilot light to be knocked out by the overheat stat.

James

Sponsored Links
you say upstairs as in you have downstairs taps and there is no problem with them? so have you noticed a slower flow rate in your upstairs taps? pilot going out sounds like it needs a service and might as well put a new pilot injector in it for what they cost! could be the water governor sticking, or a scale problem. but if problem is only with upstairs taps then more than likely flow rate, has this always been a problem or something which has just start recently?

This would cause the heater to overheat and the pilot light to be knocked out by the overheat stat.

11t hasnt got am o/h stat ;)

Indeed it has not!

Personally, I would replace the heater as if the push rod sticks you will be in trouble.

Its literally the same as a combi with no safety devices on the domestic side.

Dave

Kev some of later btitonys had overheat stats prob for past 7/8 years. Cloudy water and very hot indicates poor flow so if you have a shared service this is your problem. Which would if you have an overheat stat cause pilot to trip.. bet you cant light pilot and get to hold for at least ten mins after it has tripped

Looks like your right kev was thinking of the single point but i thought all multipoints and single points needed to have overheat protection nowadays.

not very often i get one ower on ye

bowing-036.gif

No I have a problem with the downstairs hot tap as well. I have had the local water board out to test the water pressure. The water pressure at the time was 1.75 bar and 15 litres per minute, I am lead to understand the Britony II T works between 1 & 10 bar. Could it be the internal pumbing, if the cold tap is turn on whilst the hot tap is running it reduces the hot water coming out

Does this water heater have a cold feed water filter, perhaps this needs to be cleaned as it may be restricting the flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back