Britony SE80 - Error Code 60 (Flame Lock out)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every few days my boiler is shutting itself down (heating and hot water) and showing fault code 60, the flame lock out light is also coming on. Anyone know what could be causing this and how to sort it out?

I am also due to have the prv changed due to a recurring problem with low boiler pressure, anyone know if this could be related?

Sponsored Links
Yes is only the 60 when the flame locks out. Thought it might be the pcb, not familiar with the term rgi tho?

Sponsored Links
Definately just the 60 light (and obvisouly the flame lock out light), this morning howere had the same problem but fault code 70 & 80 flashing (and again flame lock out), all ok once reset. Would you still say pcb?

definately pcb for the 60. as kev said no flame detection for the 70-80, can be a by-product of a faulty pcb but you won't know til the board's changed. In my experience it's never been anything additional.

Have replaced pcb today, however with the new board it the boiler fires up but is not sparking, then locks out with 70 & 80 fault code. I have tried putting the old pcb back in and sparks fine with that one but still get fault code 60. Any idea what I am doing wrong with the new one?? A swift response would be great as am in the middle of it at the moment!

slight confusion? you say boiler fires up but no ignition??
I take it you mean that the pump and fan are running??

Obvious question. have you replaced all the leads correctly? and any earth wires? and ignition leads.
On a lot of new pcb's you have jumpers which you switch from one position to another depending on the boiler, as they can be fitted on several different boilers. look on the instructions.
Hope this helps

all sorted... for now at least. Yes sorry, I did mean the fan and pump was running but no spark. Turns out was a faulty spark generator on the 'new' pcb, replaced it with the generator from the old pcb and now all working fine.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Ok, so my boiler has been working fine for the last 14 months and after having the central heating switched off for a few months (not water was working fine in the meantime) I switched it on the other day only to find the boiler cut off with the fault code 70 & 80 being displayed - no flame detection.

Does this mean I need to replace the PCB AGAIN or could it be something else causing this problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back