Brittony 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a flat with a Chaffoteuax Maury Britony gas combi boiler and the hot water is fine alythough a bit slow, but, I can't get any radiators to come on.

The knobs are a bit painted up but they seem to be on anyway so I think it's the boiler. Does anyone know anything about these? What should I look for if you think it's the boiler?

Sponsored Links
duncanT said:
What should I look for if you think it's the boiler?
The boiler manual. It will explain how it operates and allow you to identify the problem. Failing that you need a boiler engineer familiar with Britony combis.

the left hand knob needs to 'clicked' clockwise as far as possible to put into hot water and heating mode the one next to it is the temp which should be more than half way.

check any external controls are up or on. the programmer slider should point to the 'I' icon. if it fires for a few seconds then shuts down its your diverter valve. if nothing happens then :?: :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Cheers for those. Having a nightmare now because the boiler jsut comes on foir a bit and the pump gets extermely hot, then there's a surge of air through ythe pump and the heating return pipe (number 5 from left) gets hot and then cools down again. One of the rads valves was shut, and very stiff to open other covered in paint and the bleed plugs are painted over and I can't get the key on some.

The previouls owner has moved abroad and now I can't find any proov that the boiler has been maintaned. I turned the big screw on the back of the pump and filthy black steam shot out in a spurt.

The boiler goes off but the pump's still running. I pressed reset but nothing happened, but later it all starts off again. This is a disaster. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back