Brittony C&M 80 Combi boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just bought a new place that has Brittony 80 combi boiler.

It provides good HW and CH to the house but there seems to be an issue with the pump.

When the selector switch (lhs of the front panel) is set to only HW it works fine. But when it is set to HW and CH the pump (I think it's the pump, there's a whirring noise) runs indefinitely, independent of whether the timer (Potterton h4002) is on or off. If the timer is on then the flame lights (yellow led) and we get CH, which is great, but the pump never stops running even if the timer then switches off.

This can't be the normal operating scheme (my first combi) else you'd be awake all night.

Any idea's anyone?

Sponsored Links
I agree that its not correct but to determine the cause of the fault I would need to do some tests on the boiler.

As I am not at your home I am unable to do those tests and previous recent experience here indicates that some people are not prepared to follow my instructions when they dont know why I am asking them to do something.

You may need to call somebody who is familiar with this model. Perhaps one of their approved service engineer.

I do have to say that not many engineers are comfortable with your model!!!

Tony Glazier

As I am not at your home I am unable to do those tests and previous recent experience here indicates that some people are not prepared to follow my instructions when they dont know why I am asking them to do something.

Em Tony got a strop on :LOL:

Lighten up good buddy tomorrows another day. :LOL: :LOL:

Agile said:
I agree that its not correct but to determine the cause of the fault I would need to do some tests on the boiler.

You may need to call somebody who is familiar with this model. Perhaps one of their approved service engineer.

I do have to say that not many engineers are comfortable with your model!!!

Tony Glazier

Don't worry Tony, Im open to suggestions of things to try, it's all a matter of elimination these cases, what you you suggest I try?

Sponsored Links
On the control circuit board there are 2 switches, make sure these are both the switched the same way (left).

ollski said:
On the control circuit board there are 2 switches, make sure these are both the switched the same way (left).

Hey Ollski, checked the PCB after a small dismantalling sessions and the lhs switch was over to the right (looks as though it had been knocked by another unit in the electical box) so I flicked it to the left the match the RH switch and it seems to have done the job. Many thanks, you may have saved me a small fortune!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back