broadly speaking

I

imamartian

Broadly speaking i think there are 2 types of people who post on forums like this (more analysis would obviously break that down further).....

So i think you get your normal bloke or lass who wants to find out stuff, have a bit of a chat, or wind down.... so i'm thinking Cant, JJ, Blas, Susie, Rh.. and many more.....

And then you get the type who think this is their 'patch'.... the ones who probably don't succeed well at work, and are socially inept. Misanthropes... troubled minds...

In this environment they actually succeed... they can excert themselves, either aggressively or intellectually. But they have the cloak of anonimity to protect themselves.....

they don't go quite as far as trolling, but they know it's easy on a forum to get a reaction...

And woe betide if you get 2 of them talking to each other about you.... you in for it !!!

What an interesting little petri dish DIYnot is ;) ;)

Any non-abusive thoughts out there? :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
One observation I have about your posts though - you spend an awful lot of time trying to analyse the place and the people that contribute. Why is that?

Sponsored Links
One observation I have about your posts though - you spend an awful lot of time trying to analyse the place and the people that contribute. Why is that?

i don't spend that much time.... i only arrive here a 11pm.... be gone by 1am latest.... and i'm interested in people..... especially what drives some on here... intriguing stuff !!

Broadly speaking i think there are 2 types of people who post on forums like this (more analysis would obviously break that down further).....

So i think you get your normal bloke or lass who wants to find out stuff, have a bit of a chat, or wind down.... so i'm thinking Cant, JJ, Blas, Susie, Rh.. and many more.....

And then you get the type who think this is their 'patch'.... the ones who probably don't succeed well at work, and are socially inept. Misanthropes... troubled minds...
Sounds a bit like my house or should I say the occupants within it!

Life is complicated/busy enough without trying to figure out what people are really like by what they post on here.
(And why wasn't my name in your 'normal' section??? :evil: :evil: )
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Life is complicated/busy enough without trying to figure out what people are really like by what they post on here.
(And why wasn't my name in your 'normal' section??? :evil: :evil: )
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeah sorry... but you're in the group who are normal and nice... i forgot to mention that lot seeing as they're no trouble at all!!!! (i'm in that one too ;) )

do people sense such a simple split on DIYnot?

or is everyone the same? or is it just far more complex? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back