broke motorised valve lever

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,I'm wondering if anyone can advise me. I have a myson extra motorised valve in my airing cupboard for the oil central heating. When pulling the lever back to 'hot water only' the plastic bit of the lever broke off in my hand.The heating is now stuck on hot water only and can't be pushed back as theres nothing to hold it in place.I'm wondering is there any quick fixes for this as the rest of it works fine or will i have to buy a whole new motorised valve to replace it? I've searched online and i can't seem to find anything apart from replacing the whole thing. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I wouldn't recomend it, but the motorised valve could potentially be jammed open with a screw, or something of that sort....

As I say, I wouldn't recomend it.... Just take the hit and get a new motorised valve. :rolleyes:

Martin

Was the lever stiff to move?

It may be that the ball or paddle inside the valve is nackered, causing stiff lever operation that caused it to break.

Having no lever shouldn't stop the valve working electrically. Hot water is the normal at rest/default position for these valves. What happens when you turn the CH on?

If your valve doesn't operate, its not the lack of lever stopping it, it may be broken inside.

Sponsored Links
It may be possible to just buy a new valve head!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back