Broken Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have put a pick through a plastic surface water drain (I know, I know!), creating a 6x6cm hole half way along it's length. It appears to be only transferring rain water to the main drain. Can anyone tell me whether there is anything on the market that i can use to repair locally or whether I will need to replace the whole length? The pipe is approx 3".
Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
if it's only the top of the drain pipe and is only shifting rainwater then just wrap some polythene around the pipe as tight as you can and cover over.
you could always use repair couplers if it becomes an issue later on or if you may be installing something permanent above the drain.

many drainage systems involve perforated pipes in any case.

in days of old, clay land drains were only butted together.

Once did something silmilar and used denzo tape wrapped around pipe with no problens

You only need to prevent earth from getting into the pipe, so I would find a piece of flexible metal (lead or aluminium) or upvc and fix it over the hole with No More Nails and then wrap the whole job with duct tape.

If your house wasn't there, the rainwater would have gone into the soil anyway, so it doesn't need to be a waterproof joint.

Sponsored Links
I would also use denzo tape,

or get a double ended coupler, cut out the damaged section and fit the coupler. It will just be like when you join two pipes together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back