Repairing concrete around drain area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best method to repair an area of concrete which has broken up? The area is where a drainage downpipe comes out. I think the idea by previous people was that the whole of the small backyard area would drain into the one rainwater drain and so they concreted everything they could see. Between the drain pipe exit and the drain itself is where the surface is broken so a lot of the water is soaking into that area.

I have purchased some more drain bits to extend the downpipe into the drain itself and I will need to repair the hole. Can I get away with one of those ready mixed concrete buckets? Do I need to do some breaking up of the existing concrete?

Sponsored Links
Break it out and put new in upto about 100mm thick. I'd get 25kg bags of ballast and cement to do it.

broken or cracked concrete, and patching, around a drain often means that the gulley or bend is cracked or broken in the ground, and leakage has washed away the soil under the concrete.

Break up the old stuff, but if you find a gap, a hole, mud or red worms, it is probably broken and needs digging out and replacing.

Sponsored Links
That's good advice thanks. At least I'll be ready mentally if there is a problem like that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back