Broken Joints on Wardrobe - what to do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved & had to take down my boconcept wardrobe in order for it to go into my new home...

The joints or nails on the back panel of the wardrobe have been damaged & chipped the wood where the nails go, before putting it back up, id like to know if there is anything which i can do which will fix or make the area where the nails go in stronger... any info is appreciated as its such a lovely wardrobe & now am really upset.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
i absolutly have no idea what one of them is :D :D ;)

are they made from melamane type stuff[plastic coated chipboard or simmilar]

or normal timber with panel infills

the easiest way may be a19x19mm batton screwed and glued along the damaged area although glue wont work to well on melemane unless you use somthing like evostic[contact adhesive]

the board is that coated stuff... if it helps... i was wondering if there is any form of tape that i could use before putting the screws in again..

not to sure i understand is the damage only between the back panel and the unseen inner cabinet or is it visible "outside"!!!!

or is the dammage inbetween structural components like the side and bottom!!!

or a mixture of both

Sponsored Links
The damage is on the back panels which join up to the side panels.. its got 4 back panels in total....

thanks

i'm at work.. was planning on attempting to put them up this evening.. will try get some pictures up in the evening...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back