Broken Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Indesit 1030 washing machine. Last night I put a load on and went to bed only to be woken an hour later to the sound of water running in my kitchen.

When I went through, there was water pouring out of the bottom of the machine so I switched it off immediately. When I opened the door, I found the thick grey rubber seal/cushion part inside the machine amongst the clothes and in between the door and the drum was a wide void.

Assuming that this is the only damage to the machine, is it possible to fix this? There was also a thin length of wire which I guess is used to hold the seal in.

Can anyone suggest why this happened?

Thanks in advance,

Fish

Sponsored Links
The existing door seal seems in fine condition - although it was late and i was still half asleep. Or - does the fact that it came right off mean that it is damaged completely?

Cheers,

Fish

Some clothing jammed between the door glass and seal could have caused this. Only ever came across it once before. Make sure it hasn't been holed and if it's ok refit it. The wire is used to hold it to the front panel.

Power off before working on any appliance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks to you both for your help. After inspecting the seal, i couldn't see any damage so decided to refit it. I managed to attach it to the front panel, hooking it over the lip and securing with the wire loop. However, i couldnt see any way of affaching it to the drum or the plastic casing around it. Is this normal or should i be looking harder for some way to attach it?

I've just put a standard wash on and some water did escape - approx 1litre.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Fish

There should be another wire around the tub holding it in place.

I couldnt find the other wire. There doesnt seem to be any way of attaching the seal to the tub nor does there appear to be a groove or lip for another wire loop to attach to.

I can provide a photo if you like?

Thanks all the same,

Fish

some hp door seals had no groove either, that is because they were held onto the front plate by an L shapped steel band (the band had a nut and screw for tightening) it sounds most unlikely that yours is NOT held on by something, it may have fallen off and be under the m/c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back