Water comes in then straight back out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just been given an Indesit 1030 washing machine as my old machine is (very) broken. I plumbed it in and tried a standard 40 wash. I could hear the water coming in, but it goes straight back out the waste pipe again. I've checked all the hoses and everything is fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Fish

Sponsored Links
its syphoning

pull the grey outlet hose back up the stand pipe

Yes, you need to make sure the waste hose goes up high enough at some point so that water can't flow down hill and out of the machine by gravity. You might need to tie the pipe to something to form a loop above the maximum height of water in the drum and above the waste connection on your house plumbing.

Sounds like one of those new fangled machines. Haven't you heard of Dry Cleaning :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think the absence of said 'stand pipe' may be the real problem. Its Wickes for me first thing tomorrow.

Thanks for the help people, much appreciated.

Regards,

Fish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back