washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 18 month old Indesit washing machine that's leaking. I live in a hard water area and use it every day so the machine has quite a build up of limescale already. Where the clothes liquid and fabric conditioner drain down into the wash from the soap drawer is clearly badly clogged up. When the machine is taking in the liquid or conditioner, water is now being forced out of the soap drawer and is running down the front of the machine and onto the floor. The problem is getting steadily worse. I've tried using a product Indesit sold me, 'Limescale and Detergent Remover' and a tip from the internet which was white vinegar in the soap drawer and running the machine on a normal wash. Have done both these things several times now, not making any difference. The machine also smells bad and the rubber seal around the door has gone quite mouldy. Not good for a machine only 18 months old. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Only thing you can do is scrub the roof of the dispenser with a cup or bottle brush pay attention to the small holes at the top , then with a kettle of boiling water tip machine back and remove dispenser and tip the boiling water down the tube , then turn water presure down slighty. To clean the door seal use barkeepers paste cost less than a fiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back