Hotpoint WT 960 Ultima 7KG Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have a 9 month old machine as above. For the past 2 weeks it has not been emptying the fabric conditioner drawer, the fabric conditioner is staying there. The water is coming in, it is taking the detergent and anything else away, clothes washing fine etc. Troubleshooting guide says possible blockage, have washing dispenser drawer, shown torch down it, run water through it, cleaned compartments, outlet pipe, checked pipe for kinks, checked water pressure, checked valve taps, pulled machine out, checked website! Give up, just not clearing but everything else fine, any ideas or help?

Sponsored Links
I appreciate it's age, but rather than trying to book an engineer, I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this problem, if it's a major one as I've read your quick fixes re valves etc, and had an idea of what it could be and if we could do it ourselves. A simple rather than major thing. Thanks.

Joy of joys, for whatever reason this morning this problem has cleared itself. Maybe it saw I was writing on here and thought, I'll show her! So thanks to anyone that may reply with a solution and it has saved booking an engineer, the problem, after 2 weeks, has righted itself!

Sponsored Links
It's a pretty new appliance so I've not had much to do with them but I believe it has two cold inlet valves. It could be that one was sticking but has freed itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back