Broken soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to convert a small play room back to a toilet , It was a toilet many years ago, I found the soil pipe buried just under the floor, I managed to dig it out and it is still connected to the main sewer. The problem is it is just below the surface and it will be very difficult to dig out the floor to expose more of the pipe. Can I get a sleeve and push it down the old pipe and then fit the new pan to that. Any advice much appreciated. Regards John. :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
What is the pipe made of ? if it is old earthenware (glazed clay pipe) you can get a plastic fitting which provided that the pipe is straight will go over the earthenware, they do these earthenware one end to plastic at the other end.

HI

use pan connector bent/straight or extension piece on the old soil pipe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help, managed to get enough of the pipe exposed to fit a an extention on it. Regards TV man

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back