Fitting new toilet to old soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace the broken toilet in our outhouse and add a wash-basin as we might have to live there for a while. I have been looking for a pan connector with a boss for the sink drain but cant find one that would allow a modern toilet with a horizontal outflow to join the soil pipe that comes up through the concrete floor. The centre of the pipe is 26cm from the wall and was ok with the old s shaped toilet. Is there a way to do this without having to dig up and reposition the existing soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
WC-Connector-with-waste_large.jpg

thanks for the photo, i have seen the pan connector with boss as shown but fitting one of these would leave the toilet around 23 cm away from the wall. Is it possible to link flexi or other pipes underneath or to the side of the pan so that the toilet will be against the wall?

Possible replace with a Low level pan and cistern, this will give you some flexibility on siting the pan, but 260 mm is a hell of a gap to make up.

I wouldnt recommend you try and link fittings together, will probably leak, and possibly block. If there's no other option then afraid I think spade will be required. :(

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to link flexi or other pipes underneath or to the side of the pan so that the toilet will be against the wall?

Not without digging out the concrete.

If you don't fancy getting the hammer and chisel out use a low level or box out behind the cistern.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The flexible connector looks really useful. I will have a look at a low level pan and how it will work out with the flexible connector and possibly some boxing. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back