Broken tile unmovable due to cemented ridge tile - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

So one of our roof files has broken and I need advice to replace it.

The tile immediately above the broken tile runs under the ridge tile and there is a lot of cement keeping that tile totally ridged and unmovable- so Im unable to lift it to remove and replace the broken tile.

Im thinking the only way to fix this is to chisel away the cement on the ridge tile to remove the ridge tile and them I should be able to lift the tile out and replace it. The cement everyting back in place.

Does this sound like a sensible option? - Id hate to do this and someone tells me there is a better way todo it.

ps.... Unfortunately the tile is snapped into 4 sections and those sections are lost. I had hoped I could glue it back together, but that impossible.

Sponsored Links
The correct way would be remove the ridge, replace tile re bed ridge.
This can go easy often not!

Sometimes a small angle grinder can help if the mortars hard.

you may have to remove more than one ridge tile as the adjacent tile to the broken one needs to lift in order for the lugs to lift over the battons?
litl

you may have to remove more than one ridge tile as the adjacent tile to the broken one needs to lift in order for the lugs to lift over the battons?
litl
I was thinking that too. It depends how much wiggle room there is and the position of the ridge relative to the bosted tile.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back