Broken Toilet Pan Screws

S

Shutpa

Went into the toilet this morning and found that Mr Nobody had managed to break the two large brass screws that secured the pan to the floor. Would I have to remove the whole toilet system to drill out the remains of the screws or is there any fixative that I could use to secure the pan to the concrete floor without removing the toilet?

Sponsored Links
Depends on if you want a neat proper job or not. Shouldn't take too long to remove, take out broken screws, refit and screw back down.

Seen Gripfil used, and it worked, of a fashion. But the mess left up the sides of the pan left alot to be desired :eek:

Cheers for that crocket, I'll have a go at the screw removal and see how I get on.

totally unhelpful to this thread but the post reminded me of a call out a mate did one night years ago, he went to a leak at a wc pan and the place was absolutely stinking, the guy was a drinker and a right mes, anyway he said sometimes when he took a leak he got an electric shock in a very sensitive place!! obviously given the state of him and the place my mate said "oh yea" and ignored it, but as the place was a mess he reported it to the housing who inspected and told him to get the place sorted and he would get a new wc fitted, turns out he was getting a shock, when he piddled and missed and it ran down the outside of the bowl if he hit the brass screw he got a shock as the brass screw had been screwed down through a cable from an extra socket that had been taken from the bedroom on one side to a cupboard on the other, as i said nothing helpful for the post!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your contribution Kirkgas, I guess this was a real example of a flash in the pan. Anyway, I have got to remove the remains of two broken screws from concrete and I have no idea as to how I should go about it. Advice would be most welcome.

it might be easier to try to reposition the bowl ever so slightly and redrill rather than trying to get the broken brass out as you will struggle to get a grip of it and even if you do the brass will break as it is soft, if you leave in position and redrill at a different angle you will prob find the screw head won't sit flush, dread to suggest but you could remove pan and bed down on sand/cement mix, but then it will never come out again

You could remove pan and bed down on sand/cement mix, but then it will never come out again

I'll go for this! What sort of mix would I use? Would a 2 parts sand, 1 part cement do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back