Toilet pan rocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet pan is rocking, I went to tighten the 2 screws on the side of the pan (the screws don’t go into the floor) they go parallel to the floor and I’m guessing into a some sort of fixing bracket, but the screws go into thin air, so I’m guessing the brackets have slipped out of place.

I guess I must now remove the pan, secure the brackets then put the pan back?

Is this an easy job?

Sponsored Links
It's fairly easy ,if you know what to do . Is it a pan that sits against a cabinet ?

Yes, it’s got a low level cistern fixed onto the wall, all of which is hidden behind a ply built enclosure.

What access do you have to the flush pipe and waste pipe ,should you need it ?
What flooring do you have ? It may be easier to silicone the pan to the flooring.

Sponsored Links
Quite often, the brackets are fixed to the pan but not the floor... This is so that the holes in the pan are hidden (by the screw caps) and then the pan is just siliconed to the floor as @terryplumb says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back