how to fit a toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i have to fit a back to wall toilet pan and it comes with some sort of 'L" shaped plastic brackets to screw into the floor and then the toilet pan hides those brackets ( which are not exactly 90 degrees but roughly 80 degrees) and screws into those brackets sideways. I have never fitted a toilet to the floor like that so any advice on how to measure where and how to screw them would be greatly appreciated. The floor is tiled and tiles have been laid on plywood. Thank you very much for your help.

Sponsored Links
( which are not exactly 90 degrees but roughly 80 degrees)
These, by any chance?
P_P_WB5N_F_%23SALL_%23AIS_%23V2.jpg

I think it's a case of 'get the ruler out'. Fischer are not too forthcoming with instructions.

View media item 38955

1. Fit the toilet and mark around the base with masking tape.
2. Take measurents for fixing.
3. Remove toilet, fit fixings to the floor and then refit the toilet.
4. Fit securing screws to toilet.
5. Remove masking tape.
6. Flush toilet and check for leaks.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Or -

1) Stick some strong double-sided tape to the side of the bracket that meets the floor

2) Screw the brackets to the bottom of the pan

3) Place the pan in it's location, making sure you don't slide it along the floor

4) Undo the screws securing the brackets to the bottom of the plan, and carefully remove pan. The brackets are now where they need to be on the floor. Fix them in position.

Hint. Do the above before fitting pan connector in the soil pipe.

Or use some sticky- fix pads ( from a stationers) instead of double sided tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back