broken wickes wc cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mum of a friend has a wickes wc cistern with some mechanical linkage and its broken I have been sent the pictures but cant be bothered to post them as I don't want the job I believe the cistern is concealed in some bathroom furniture
my question is there an easy remedy I am looking to pass on advice only as these jobs arnt my stock in trade
it does sound like a little job that isn't going to go well

Sponsored Links
I,ve been in this game 40 odd years I know an all day take the cheap bathroom furniture apart, find spares that arnt for sale, put it all together and all for a big thank you and a few quid
if you need this job I,ll pass your details along

I,ve been in this game 40 odd years I know an all day take the cheap bathroom furniture apart, find spares that arnt for sale, put it all together and all for a big thank you and a few quid
not sure if i can sort it out.. i'm an apprentice trained coded welder with 42 years experience ...but could have a good crack lol

Sponsored Links

I do know how you feel... No good deed goes unpunished and all that! I have a SIL who thinks a day's work from me is worth a few cups of tea and a smile... Said smile soon fades when I give her a reality check :rolleyes:

However, do post the photos. We may be able to give you some guidance which you can use to explain what's involved to your friend. :)

think banjodean could be the man practical skills mechanical bias this is a cable operated lever/cam operated syphon he comes across as a really decant bloke and he might point me in some sort of direction the picture I refered to were taken by the lady and arnt that helpful I was going to restrict myself to advice only as these job usually go need a new operating button new one is bigger/smaller different shape so you need a new mdf panel its the wrong shade/profile/size and the job goes on and on
some firm got thousands for fitting a new bathroom why don't they do it Your bang on no good deed goes unpunished

You’re not charging enough. Try to price higher and give your customer what they’ve asked for.
Bet you’re never busy.

one your dead right jeff I don't charge enough but I work on site so these are just stupid nothing jobs I don't want and don't do
all these tv shows about over charging no on mentions most plumbers do a decant job and don't charge enough
but no im not busy because I don't do these im strictly an advice person

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back