Bronze pump DHW circulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to run a bronze pump to my kitchen sink to provide always hot, hot water during the day...kitchen's at the opther end of the house to the tank...

How are these normally set to run? a half amp pump will use about a 150quids worth of power a year if running 24/7 but surely it doesn't need to run all the time?

All pipes will be well insulated, so I'm expecting that I'll only need to run the pump for a copuple of minutes every half hour or so to 'pulse' the cooler hot water back in to the tank?

Or should they be run for longer periods/all the time to prevent cool water reentering the tank for health reasons??

Cheers,

Virgil..

Sponsored Links
You would waste that much again with heat loss and re-heating the cylinder.

Best to run it on a timer during demand times, or have a switch near the sink, it only take a few mins to circulate.

Probably cheaper to fit a small undersink electric unvented unit. No heat loss from circulating water, no disruption putting the secondary return in.

as above... bronze pumps or their staniless modern equivalent cost in exces of £250 inclusive...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back