Brass/Bronze pump

T

toasty

Ok, so I'm running a hot water loop/ring main whatever you want to call it in my new house.

Each hot tap will be a T off the ring and then at what would be the end tap normally will have a run of pipe back to the Megaflow via a bronze/brass (non iron) circulating pump.

I'm having real difficulty sourcing a reasonably priced pump for this job.

Ideally it would be quite low flow rate and both quiet and cheap to run seeing it'll be running most of the time.

Also regarding the pump, is it standard practice to have it running all the time or on a timer? I was thinking it'd be far more elegant to have a pipe thermostat trigger it instead, my thinking being that it probably only needs to run for a few minutes an hour, just to keep the water in the ring warm (I hate having to wait for hot water, hence me installing this system in the first place)

Thanks in advance.
-Dan

Sponsored Links
most of the bronze pumps ive come across £100+
normal practice is to run 24/7
they are however prone to faliure in hard water (aint everything)
cant see why you cant have a timer exept when off you have a dead loop : :D
as for pipe stat think leigonella you must maintain the temp same for timer come to thinkof it
temp we use is 60 :D

Grundfoss are good impellar pumps, last for ever. There are other bronze pumps that are not impellar driven but these tend to fail quickly or cant circulate if the pipe runs are too long. Dont forget single check valve before cylinder. Fit a time clock, then you can have it off in the early hours!!

Sponsored Links
Rincewind said:
................then you can have it off in the early hours!!

So that'll take your mind of the pump problem :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back