Brunopel IWP is it still o.k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if my plaster additive is still o.k to use, it's about 2 years old and has been opened as i used it 2 years ago. However i still have nearly a full bottle left and i need to use some more but it says 12 month shelf life on the bottle is the sell by date really that strict on this stuff.

cheers

Sponsored Links
I've never used that product before, but if it says the shelf life is 12 months, and that was 2 years ago, i don't think i would chance it. I'd throw it away and get a new one. If you did use the old one and it didn't work,, it could cost you more in the long run.

Roughcaster.

I had platerers re do the platering last time. But since learned to plaster myself i want to treat the damp in my dining room

I've hacked of the plaster up to 1 meter cleaned at the bricks and brushed them then injected a cream DPC in mortar bed i brick up from internal floor level. I now need to re render with sand and cement and need to add the water proofer.

What water proofer would you use as the Brunopel was supplied by the damp proofing company the last time. This is for internal application.

I used Ultra cure DPC is this a good one? or do you know of a better one as i still have some walls to inject

Also how long after injection of dpc do you leave before you render inside?

Cheers

I've never used Brunopel waterproofer, nor the "Ultra-Cure" DPC injection kit, but reading the info i got from Google, they both look quality products. If you Google up "Brunopel Waterproofer", it says on there, to leave any internal rendering etc for at least 14 days after the injection of the DPC.

If i were you though,,, i would definitely continue to use the same integral w/proofer (Brunopel), as the company that did your job in the first place.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
i have never used any of those products, but i am sure they will be fine.

so long as you dont breach the dpc in any way you should be fine to render anytime

also did you inject the outside wall on the same course?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back