Bt master socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm new to the s site and have a problem that I'm hoping you can help me with.
My talk talk Internet has been abit up and down lately some days it works fine and others it is pretty poo. I spent most of yesterday on live chat with them tryin to sort it out. With my router plugged into the front of my NTE5 box the router works for a while then the ADSL light comes on and the Internet goes off.
While I was talking to talk talk they told me to unscrew the faceplate and plug my router into the test port since then the Internet has worked pretty well.

Now my other problem is I want to extend the wire now I know the box and wiring belongs to bt but can I not just extend the wires by soldering some more cable to it and running the box to where I want it?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Richard

Sponsored Links
Assuming your master is a standard NTE 5 the best option is to replace the front panel with a filter front panel. This provides separation between phone wiring and the ADSL wiring.

To save me typing all the information is here

http://solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm

other suppliers are available

ok thank you. How do I go about extending the cable or running s extension from the main box?

Sponsored Links
On the back of the filtered front plate there will be terminals to which the telephone wiring can be connected. Use CW1308 telephone cable and NOT stranded cable.

This method removes the need to have micro filters at each telephone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back