Weird BT Junction Box Connection and VDSL problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I updated from ADSL to VDSL last week, I now have no internet. The internet supplier is looking into the problem and have just sent a new router but it too cannot connect to VDSL. The VDSL is completely dead, not even replying to a logon from the supplier or even a config enquiry.

I had a quick look inside the junction box to see if anything was up. I was expecting to see an orange and white wire for A&B but instead I seem to have a white and a solid blue line comming in? Funny thing is, if I change the Blue wire for the orange, I get VDSL but I loose voice. This says to me that the BT fibre box is following BT colour coding, that is A & B are white wire and orange wire. While the voice wire, for whatever reason has not

been put on the orange wire but exists on the blue wire. What do you guys think?

Any one any ideas how this came about and how to remmedy it?

Many thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
Wrong connection at the street cabinet - someone assumed it was orange/white and it evidently isn't.
Nothing you can do - Openreach must fix.

try swapping the white wires at well.

BB only needs 1 wire I am told, so that would explain how you can get it working

Sponsored Links
Ah thanks guys, it’s nice to confirm this. I just need to wait for my isp to report this to an engineer. That said I had thought of rigging up a 2nd master box just for white/orange and use this for the VDSL only but it would mean dismantling it or get fined if BT were to arrive at at a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back