BTU COURSE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how are people who want plumbing supposed to get corgi if the market is stitched up by existing heating engineers to prevent anyone else getting in.

having learnt plumbing prior to yorkshire joints, in the days of pipe expanders and nothing more than clean joints would do, ive acted in hast to fullfill a new occupation by booking my btu course for acs, cn1 cen2 plus four modules, only to find that to obtain my corgi i must complete 20 jobs no matter how remedial with a established corgi registered plumber.
ive now found that no plumber will entertain job placements even if it is free labour, to ensure the number fo corgi registered men are low in numbers basically stitching up the maket, costing the loss of a two and half grand course.

MOD 2

why not use your first username

Sponsored Links
Before spending two an a half grand should you not have checked that out, in reality its not a stitch up why should someone help you to train up so that you can then possibly take work away from him and effect his standard of living. Saying that we still have stacks of work around my area for new people starting out without hurtin anyone else financially

I frequently make offers for people like you to come to Scarborough and shaddow me but non of them ever take me up on it.

My experience was similar to yours, after leaving nursing due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I had to pick up the pieces of my life.

The gas fitter who came to check my appliances and had always admired my pipework and had said perviously "you should get corgi registered", gave me an opportunity, I had to work for free, but with hindsight I was a hinderance, though I thought at the time he was onto a good thing. To accelerate my learning I payed for one of those £3,500 efforts which gave me loads of good teaching and got me through ccn1 and all applainces.

However the guy wouldn't sign to say that I was ready, so I couldn't apply to Corgi. The day he eventually did sign (it was different in those days you didn't need a portfolio, just a signed letter) I was so excited I crashed the car.

I have spawned one other like me, but I must have been mad, I actually payed him minimum wage for the time he was with me. However it has payed off, because since he became registered he has used me on a number of occasions for lpg work that he isn't qualified for, for electrics that he isn't qualified for, and for difficult jobs. You get back as much as you give.

At the moment I have a 16 year old shaddowing me one day a week. Man aren't 16 year olds hopeless?

Anyway there's always room for a guy like you to tag along if you can find the way to make it possible. The work I do is massively varied and extremely hard.

Sponsored Links
like you i have given up my former occupation, as a hgv driving instructor for health grounds G.A.D that also causes CFS.
The general attitude is like that of namsag her in the greater manchester region, why im not sure but i guess he doesnt say that to the polish who work for nothing.
yes i would be interested in going to scarb during the course if this is a genuine offer.

mod 2

joined some time ago, lost membership details under original name hence using surname only
terry

Man aren't 16 year olds hopeless?

some are some arent. the one ive got at the moment is a real diamond. has the common sense and work attitude way beyond his years. Some have been really pants though.

Thermo said:
Man aren't 16 year olds hopeless?

some are some arent. the one ive got at the moment is a real diamond. has the common sense and work attitude way beyond his years. Some have been really pants though.
Bad news, he'll be employing you soon :eek: :LOL:

Doyle you can come for experience but if I put my number or website details up here it gets removed by moderators. You will have to look on the corgi website for my contact details. I use my real name on here and I am based in Scarborough. Or you could google search my name is pbarker and I am in scarborough so you could google search for pbarkerofscarborough

thanks paul, i might not need it as ive been on to the local authorities who are looking into work placement for me with them if that fails then i would be happy to come ot scarb if not just for the fish and chips.
thanks
terry

its alright lads ive given up the ghost on the course ill find another course.
thanks for the offer though was apreciated

there you go mod it doubles when you are monitoring a particular thread ;)

MOD 2

it also doubles up when it gets moved back to the forum it was moved from in the first place

my apologies ;)

MOD 2

Why not use ANY username. What difference does it make to the price of cheese?

Doyle,

Have you thought about getting yourself trained up as a Spark. I bl**dy know I have!!!!

sparks aint my thing,

mod i hope your going to beg for forgiveness, hurt feelings being called sarcy, the loss of assistance, resulting in further unemployment period, wife & kids no shoes and all starvin, no prezzies for christmas and a empty fairpak hamper box to feast ourselves upon. however bad it seems it still taste better than humble pie :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back