BTU Output for Kitchen Radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If a domestic kitchen measures 4.32m x 1.58m x 2.62m height, what BTU would you suggest for the one radiator in such a room?

That is, at delta T50 (not T60).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to use an online btu calculator?

I did try that, though when using the same measurements on different websites, I'm getting anywhere between 2000 BTU and 5500 BTU, so I didn't find them particularly useful.

Heat outputs have been measured in kilowatts since the UK became metricated about 1980.

I would suggest about 1.2 kW.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to use an online btu calculator?

I did try that, though when using the same measurements on different websites, I'm getting anywhere between 2000 BTU and 5500 BTU, so I didn't find them particularly useful.

Been there, got similar results

Ignore anyone who points you at online btu calculators ;)

In fairness I think Possom was looking for a rough figure. Though, if there are lots of windows, or an usual single skin brick wall, it's gonna make somewhat of an impact

When I cook chicken I just cook it till it no longer flaps around in the oven, and then another hour....

Aye, but solid walls and Cavity walls make a big difference. How much wall space is available too?

Think cooking chicken requried a little more finesse... Cooking Beef on the other hand - once it goes from a Moo to a whimper - then it is ready?

I have already told him the figure although in kW as that is what is used now.

He was asking in BTU which is something the Victorians dreamt up.

Until they introduce a proper British kw, I'm going to stick with BTU

Best TUs in the world! Well, perhaps once.

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back