bubbles on second coat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi used a mat for first coat on ceiling and no bubbles then used dulux trade silk for the second coat and bubbles have appeared in a small area. Have already painted 2 ceilings and this has only occurred in a small area of one of the rooms. It is not near any edges.
Any advice would be great thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
Bubbles ? ..Do you mean blisters? .. Often happens with silk, it doesnt adhere to surfaces as well as matt.when theyre dry rub them down & fill if neccessary & re-coat

yes blisters also when I scrapped them down it has pulled all the paint off including the one that was already there.

Sponsored Links
Hi used a mat for first coat on ceiling and no bubbles then used dulux trade silk for the second coat and bubbles have appeared in a small area. Have already painted 2 ceilings and this has only occurred in a small area of one of the rooms. It is not near any edges.
Anymat advice would be art
is the mat paint trade too , had this problem myself, ended up using none trade paint,

I did not thin the first coat used mcpherson. This has happened in seperate areas of the house. Yesterday I scraped of all the loose paint and resanded the chalky/plaster and cleaned it then used the trade silk as an undercoat.
In one area I have now put 3 coats on the problem area and it looks like the problem has gone away. In the other area I done the same the area looks alot better maybe only one blister but as I was blending in the area it loooks like more blisters have appeared. Any suggestions on a fix or is it a paint and see thing?
I have not used the contract mat on the areas that I have repainted to see if this has caused the problem.
Cheers
Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back