Bubbling Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I'm new here and this is my first post we live in an end terrace built 1900.

I have recently noticed paint bubbling on our hallway walls on the lower ground floor. The bubbling is on both sides of the wall one is a party wall the other goes down into the cellar.

The previous owners have laid floor tiles in the hall and up the stairs which leads to the kitchen, on what we think is a concrete floor.
The plaster in the hallway runs all the way down to the floor and meets the floor tiles. We have no skirting boards its just finished with tile grout.

The cellar wall seems fine on the other side, this wall is painted brick and the paint seems fine no peeling or bubbling. Not sure about the other side of the party wall as our neighbour is on holiday at the min.

We also do not know if theres any damp course fitted.

Could the damp be coming from the floor because theres no gap between the bottom of the plaster and the wall.

Or we don't know if originally it was a suspended wooden floor as the rest of the house is and somewhere along the lines its been replaced with a concrete one. We cant get under the staircase or the floor in the cellar as its just all bricked up around there. If that makes sense !!! Could this be a problem ??

Any comments or other ideas as to what could be causing this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back