Bucket size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might sound stupid but when I get told to use half a bucket of water for a 25kg bag of plasterboard adhesive what size is the bucket?

I'm assuming it's the standard sizes one you get from builders merchants like this one (3 gallon / 14 Ltr)

p1109393_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think it normally means that if you half fill a bucket with water, then when you add in plaster, it'll fill the bucket...... (half water + half plaster = full bucket of wixed plaster?!?!

mix it to a consistancy of whipped cream, i usually do it so when you lift the paddle out, there is about an inch or so depression left where it was.

Might sound stupid but when I get told to use half a bucket of water for a 25kg bag of plasterboard adhesive what size is the bucket?

I'm assuming it's the standard sizes one you get from builders merchants like this one (3 gallon / 14 Ltr)

p1109393_l.jpg
If your asking the question I suspect you’ve not done it before! If so, I wouldn’t advise you mix up a whole 25kg bag of adhesive in one hit as it may well go off before you have a chance to use it; try ½ a bag first & see how you go. The mixture needs to be loose enough to contain sufficient water for the adhesive to work but stiff enough that your “blobs” don’t run down the wall when you slap them on; the consistency of a self supporting whipped cream is a good description.

I use the large Tuff flexible buckets with handles; much easier to mix in & clean afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back