How much feb mix per gall of water or bucket of water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Building some steps.

Not laid any bricks for years...I hand mix on a spot board small mixes at a time...ie 8 brickie sized trowels of sand to 2 of cement.

I have some feb mix that has been given to me in a bottle with no instructions.

Only laying around 100 bricks.

Anybody give me a guide of how much feb mix per builders bucket full or water...or per gallon/ltr.

I dont want to add to much which I believe is not good.

Nick.

Sponsored Links
a capful.....
it’s not gauged on water.
off the top of my head it’s gauged on cement weight .ie 25kg which in your case is nigh on impossible.

google found this INFROMATION

Other sources are available

Application Feb® Febmix Admix® - The Original may either be premixed with gauging water in a storage tank or introduced into the mixing drum at the same time as the water. When mortar is mixed by hand it should be well turned over to achieve maximum plasticity. Dosage Feb® Febmix Admix® - The Original is added at the rate of approx 125-250 ml per 50 kg of cement. Always use the type of sand recommended for a particular application. Test mixes should be carried out to determine optimum dosage. Compatibility Feb® Febmix Admix® - The Original can be used with other admixtures provided these are added separately to the mix. It can be used for all types of Portland cement, including Sulphate Resisting. It can also be used in lime/sand mortars as a further precaution against frost.

For the amount that the OP mixes, I’d suggest getting an eye dropper!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back