Buderus 500 24s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a Buderus 500 24s condensor boiler approx 3 years old, during this cold spell i keep getting fault code '3y' meaning fan too slow or too fast.
i called my local gas safe fitter who checked all the pipes flues etc for ice all clear, i then called Worcester bosch who sent a engineer 3 days later(very cold and starting to smell! us not him!) when he called it fired straight up for the first time in 5 days!! no fault found £210 please. however 2 days later the samething happened again(xmas day) so next day took off the cover and looked at all connection pipes etc what i found is that if i warm the fan body with a hairdrier for 5 mins or so hey presto it fires, also when the outside temp is above 0 c it works no problem but below 0c i have to heat the fan??.
anyone else found anything similar?

Sponsored Links
Without being rude we've found that they're carp from start to finish.

Recall the Worcester service visit(ring them back with fault still apparent) and ask the eng to change the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back