Buderus Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of positive posts a couple of years ago. How are they since the Bosch takeover? Should I get one? Who in Lincoln fits them?

Sponsored Links
we fit them, commercial
domestic watered down versions
actually because they smaller versions for domestic
they superb
controls are a bit iffy prone to unit failure ahd 2 fail in liverpool effing place to go to :evil:

but generally worcester bosch and budereus are in bed together who owns who i dont know
the technolgy is cutting edge and everyone else will have to follow

Condense traps are no good. We've seen leakage. Worcester make them fit them to the boilers in the UK.

Other than that the 19R and 600 series are nice boilers. 500 series cheapy not worth saving money.

Buderus and Worcester are both part of Bosch, in a division called BBT Thermotechnology.

Buderus are massively bigger than Worcester, have been established over 100 years and sell all over the world.

In the UK the Worcester management are offering less advantageous warranty terms on Buderus than their own. For obvious reasons they do not want to lose their control of the UK.

All support etc in the UK is carried out by Worcester.

we fit them, commercial
domestic watered down versions
actually because they smaller versions for domestic
they superb
controls are a bit iffy prone to unit failure ahd 2 fail in liverpool effing place to go to :evil:

So not that good if a pcb fails regularly.

Liverpool is superb. The Waterfront and old docks is brilliant with tall glass skyscrapers sprouting up everywhere. Most of the centre is protected by the UN. The nightlife is excellent. And easy to get to as well.

but generally worcester bosch and budereus are in bed together who owns who i dont know
the technolgy is cutting edge and everyone else will have to follow

What is cutting edge about Buderus? I like the clip in heat exchanger though. That is neat.

Sponsored Links
My Buderus 19R boiler recently flashed up a 9A fault. The main board was replaced yesterday (4Oct2010). On inspecting the faulty unit I found corrosion had affected the circuit board around the DHW (tap symbol) control knob. For some reason the setting figures, 1-10, around that knob have penetrating holes at positions 1 and 2. It seems that on installation or cleaning of the system filter, water/Sentinel dripped onto the top of the internal casing, down onto the control panel in the 1 and 2 area and then onto the board (Sod's law). There can't have been much, just a drip or two but there was a sticky patch. I have made a clear plastic cover to protect the whole panel now, other owners may care to do the same. I hope I can make good the damage to the board and have it as a spare to join all the other stuff in the loft that will be handy one day!

Lots of positive posts a couple of years ago. How are they since the Bosch takeover? Should I get one? Who in Lincoln fits them?
From the Buderus Domestic website:

Buderus domestic boilers were phased out in the UK in 2009, but all products continue to be fully supported by Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.

So anything being offered now is old stock lying on the shelves.

The 500's have numerous design faults, wish I'd never fitted them.

View media item 10418
Just replacing one of the bits that failed on every Buderus domestic boiler we've ever fitted.

Just replacing one of the bits that failed on every Buderus domestic boiler we've ever fitted.

I remember a few years ago them at a trade show saying they were great and best boiler on the market. Also the fact you could replace any part in minutes was seen as an advantage :LOL: I notice back then Dr Drivel was pushing them big time but now has gone back into his hiding hole with his two combis.

View media item 10418

Yes I am ever so pleased most of mine were 600's and now that they (worcester) have changed all the burners I am having no problems.

A lot of these German brands are OVERATED!! I've just screapped a poxy Strebel 30B only 5 years old nothing but trouble since it went in 4 other Maintenance companies were involved with it before us we have replaced it with a Remeha (thank God!!) mind you i made some good overtime on it!! ;)

Why would you scrap a 5year old boiler that if commisioned by a strebel engineer would have had a 5year warrenty.

Buderus is made by Nephit just up the Road from Broag in Holland. Not German made any more than a Worcester.

lcgs - Strebel DID commission the heap of crud AND they were constantly called out to it! :rolleyes: at at 5 Years old guess what no more warrenty Strebel out of the door quicker than a rat up a drain pipe!!

Further to my post dated 5 October 2010. Wife drew my attention to a water mark on the service door this week, investigation reveals a drip again! Fortunately my clear plastic modification has prevented another control panel replacement. The passing of time has revealed the true origin of the drip, a nasty little patch of corrosion at the bottom corner of the inner casing suggests an internal leak. If this is the case, I reckon it's existed since commissioning, or at least within the original warranty period. I wonder what my chances are of a fix and a refund of the cost of the control panel purchased from Buderus back then. Watch this space.

Haha no chance. Has it been serviced annually?

Usual leak is the Auto Air Vent on these if coming from high up.

These buderus are dropping like flies in scunny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back