Budget Calculator

Don't expect the price of your pint in the pub to come down. This tax duty that is being reduced, not the cost of the beer. The brewers will still charge the same price and claim the tax reduction is to help them get back on their feet. That can't happen if they reduce what the customer pays.

That's fine; I'll happily pay more if it's a good pub with good beer. In fact I'd be happy to pay much more, you only live once. Mine's a large one.

Sponsored Links
Re. the increase in duty on stronger beers: the worst effect of this is that it makes brewers reduce their beers' strengths so we end up with a huge selection of very similar, boring beers all of the same strength. Where they used to brew for taste, they now brew to a tax level.

There's definitely a place for strong ales and I'm partial to one or two, but on a night out with the 'boys', I tend to stick with what I'd call a 'session' ale, 3.8% - 4.2%
is good.

Don't expect the price of your pint in the pub to come down. This tax duty that is being reduced, not the cost of the beer. The brewers will still charge the same price and claim the tax reduction is to help them get back on their feet. That can't happen if they reduce what the customer pays.

It used to be the case that a reduction in the budget was reflected by the pub the next day but as you say, that hasn't happened for many years now.

3.8 or 4.2% in my early drinking days [70-80s]was a poor show and no one would buy anything below 5% as that was weak beer where they where taking the pee 5.5 to 6.5 was the normal strong level
i personally drink only 6% as a pleasant level at home only about 2- 3 pints a day but still around 7-10 units a day as it goes on 1% in a litre = 1 unit so a 40% bottle off whisky at 40% is 40 units

After his huge tax rises, Tax-And-Spend Rishy is falsely described by the dishonest Daily Brexpress

RishiTax.jpg

Sponsored Links
After his huge tax rises, Tax-And-Spend Rishy is falsely described by the dishonest Daily Brexpress

View attachment 248856

Yes but aren't the bulk of those tax increases accounted for by the increase in corporation tax, which, if I'm not mistaken, and I rarely am, is what you've been calling for.
**** me there's no pleasing some people.

Are you saying that rishi cut taxes?

No. I'm saying that the tax increases for Joe Public are minimal, if, as some news outlets appear to be doing, you add on corporation tax and employer NI contributions, then yes, the overall tax increase is high, but the main burden of this is on corporations/employers, which is something you've championed in the past.
Are you saying that's not the case?

"You will be -£135.18 worse off"

Will I ****, I'll just increase my prices accordingly.

3.8 or 4.2% in my early drinking days [70-80s]was a poor show and no one would buy anything below 5% as that was weak beer where they where taking the pee 5.5 to 6.5 was the normal strong level
i personally drink only 6% as a pleasant level at home only about 2- 3 pints a day but still around 7-10 units a day as it goes on 1% in a litre = 1 unit so a 40% bottle off whisky at 40% is 40 units

I had 5 pints of Abbot for lunch once. Was hungover by 7pm and had to drink through it!

I had 5 pints of Abbot for lunch once. Was hungover by 7pm and had to drink through it!
funny enough i once went to golders green and went for a dinner time session and again in the evening and was without any ill effects or hang over
the bar man said "are you all right" i said yes -----why --you had five pints off our strongest beer at dinner time --- i said was it watered down :whistle:(n)

Sponsored Links
Back