buffer tank & multiple heat sources

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m hoping to use several heat sources for my new heating system.
In house 2 BB stoves, kitchen, living room.

Then in my outhouse I’m hoping to use oil fired boiler, and a large mutifuel boiler.
Also within the outhouse I hope to fit a large buffer tank.

Can all these sources be integrated successfully.
I have the scope to fit a decent sized DHW tank directly above both stoves, at first floor level.

But say if these stoves must run on a vented system, how do I get around shifting the hot water to the buffer tank, given that the output from the stove must be rising slope .
The out house is around 15 metres away.
Or can the ( surplus) hot water be pumped from the DHW tank to the buffer.

Just trying to figure out how this might or might not work.

It will be extremely unlikely that all sources will ever be run together at once. Most likely the large mulifuel boiler will only run in winter months. Oil fired is only a back-up, or lazy times/ ill health etc..
Both stoves could be running together though.
I have a good supply of solid fuel, hence leaning toward this fuel as main heat source. Living space is approx 350m2
What sort of temperature loses are typical of these buffer vessels, several degrees per day?
Any advice appreciated , thanks

Sponsored Links
you need to be looking at the thermal store route for integrating different heat sources.

Stoves can be pumped not just gravity,its just how you control them.

Try DPS to name but one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back